Gila River Fire Department is committed to the prevention of fire through the development of progressive public education and code enforcement programs. We are using the most current International Fire Code (IFC) with Community amendments. A copy of the IFC with Community amendments can be requested through Fire Prevention.
Permits and Request Forms
GRFD provides Inspections through the GRIC Life Safety Code Title 21 and Permits for a variety of special events. Please specify on the permit form what service you are requesting:
- 14 day turn around permit processing
- Rush Fees; within the 14 day requirement; $200 (when staff is available)
- No special event stand-by required ONLY by the GRFD as determined by GRFD FP Division
- Fire Safety stand-by may be required for an event.
- No event may begin operations until approved by GRFD fire prevention division. Permits must be available.
- Inspections are generally conducted between 7 AM and 3 PM, Monday through Friday excluding Federal or Tribal holidays.
- Inspections after normal busines hours will incur an after hours fee.
- Returns for re-inspection due to set-up not ready or code violations preventing a permit being issued, may result in an additional fee.
- After hour charges are a four hour minimum based standby based on the hourly rate of the person conducting inspection/standby.
- Fire Inspectors conducting stand-by due to crowd sizes, types of the venue or as determined by the GRFD Deputy Chief Fire Marshal will remain on-site of the venue until the visiting public has departed. Staff only remaining for tear-down/disassembly only generally does not require the Fire Inspector to remain on-site unless they are or have observed a hazardous situation or there is an event/incident requiring them to still be working in their official capacity for the GRIC/GRFD.
- All billing is submitted by GRFD and processed through GRFD Administration for the GRIC. Payments must be presented to the GRFD Fire Administration building located at Fire Station 429, 5002 N. Maricopa Rd. Chandler, Az. 85226 (near Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Complex)
- PAYMENTS: Business check, Money order or Cashier’s check made out to; Gila River Indian Community.
- Note on payment: Name of Event
- NO cash or above mentioned type of payments for stand-by or permitting/inspecting are to be given to your fire inspector for any reason.
- No payments may be given to GRFD administration unless a billing statement has been created and all documents are submitted.
- Attempting to circumvent this process or to attempt and utilize the products without a permit or GRFD Fire Inspector approval may result in a penalty. Penalties including, but not limiting to, fines, loss of tribal license, business opportunities within GRIC for not less than one calendar year from the incident or event.
- Updated IFC code changes may occur and will take affect for any new plans/permit request submitted after the date of code/adoption has occurred and in effect.
- When in doubt, feel free to contact the GRFD Fire Prevention Division concerning your upcoming event by calling (520) 796-4501.
To request a Permit Application click here
To request an Incident Report click here
Return forms back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Fire Prevention
Deputy Chief-Fire Marshal